Re: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK ...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: USB 3.0 hubs that WORK on a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro
FromAlan Baker
Date11/10/2012 01:25 (11/09/2012 16:25)
Message-ID<alangbaker-DFABA5.16255709112012@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsSteve de Mena
FollowupsSteve de Mena (2h & 23m) > Alan Baker

In article <jMydnbeamqLCAwDNnZ2dnUVZ_h-dnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 11/9/12 4:07 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
Steve: that most certainly was you.

"On my Mac Pro the built-in Firewire ports (front and back) did not work correctly with my Avid 003R (Pro Tools) device. I had to get a 3rd party PCIe card."

You said that.

Steve de Mena
Yep, but I "didn't make it about Firewire" as I did not INITIATE the discussion of Firewire. Once again you lie.

Nashton initiated it on 11/4/12 2:48 AM:

"...So let's see. In order to circumvent Apple's piss-poor implementation of a technology that's been available for years in Windows (they still haven't gotten FW right *yet*), we need to go through illegal channels in order to make it work. "

Llloyd then replied about Firewire and then I came in with my FW issues.

Exactly with posts did you contribute to help me find a USB 3.0 hub that would work with my 15" Retina MacBook Pro?

Steve

I see, so when Nicolas wanted to complain about Firewire that wasn't worth comment, and rather you expanded on his comments...

...but then when I make a rebuttal, all of a sudden it's "I don't want to talk about Firewire!".

Come on, man. You made it sound like I ignored a comment about USB in favour of initiating a discussion about Firewire, and that's just not what happened.

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook