Re: Playbook 2.0

KDT
SubjectRe: Playbook 2.0
FromKDT
Date02/29/2012 21:20 (02/29/2012 12:20)
Message-ID<ae2067e9-0be8-4ded-821a-50045727f5e8@r1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>
Followsed
Followupsed (37m)

On Feb 29, 2:08=A0pm, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

ed
On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:35:02 AM UTC-8, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Feb 29, 1:23=A0pm, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:52:42 AM UTC-8, KDT wrote:

So simple question. =A0Is Adobe's Flash supported on Google's lates=

browser for Android that they recently showed off? =A0Is that a bug=

? =A0Do

you think they will fix it?

no, no, and no. =A0that, of course, has nothing to do with whether fl=

ash on android is sunseted though.

So Flash not working is not a bug? You claimed that it was still being supported.

ed
adobe supporting it doesn't mean software by other companies do, nor does=

it mean other companies need to support it in order for it to not be aband= oned by adobe. =A0the line of reasoning that it does doesn't even begin to = make sense.

KDT
So how is not fixing a major show stopper like "not working" not a bug?

ed
surely you jest.

KDT
As a user, if I buy the Google-approved flagship phone and run Google's hyped new browser and Adobe is still supporting Flash on Android, shouldn't I expect Flash to be able to run?

ed
not if you have any sense in you - if you download a beta browser that ex=

plicitly says that it doesn't support plugins, including flash, expecting f= lash to run, you are, quite frankly, a moron.

Okay, so do you expect Chrome for Android to ever support Flash - especially considering that Adonr said that they won't support newer browsers? Will Google ship two browsers with Androif?

KDT
Or do I need to run two separate browsers - one for Flash and one to get all of the Google Chrome goodness?

But of course, Android isn't fragmented --- not even on the same device.....

ed
do you expect all browsers on ios to have the same capabilities? =A0i sur=

e don't, and, of course, they don't- that's why there are multiple browser = options to begin with. =A0that doesn't say anything about fragmentation.

I also doubt that Apple would develop two separate browsers for the iPhone with two separate feature sets at the same time. But then again, I also wouldn't expect new iOS devices to come with old versions of IOS *and* not be upgradable. I guess I just expect more.

ed (37m)