Re: Playbook 2.0

KDT
SubjectRe: Playbook 2.0
FromKDT
Date02/29/2012 05:14 (02/28/2012 20:14)
Message-ID<09972f4f-9f46-4e1d-a818-a9b4a08ba9e9@f2g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
Followsed
Followupsed (14m) > KDT

KDT
We don't have to guess whether flash will be supported on new chipsets, OS versions, etc. Adobe has said such. Has Apple said the same thing about the 3GS?

ed
no, they haven't announced such. =A0but do you seriously expect them to? =

=A0if not, you're main point (if you insist on sticking with your retarded = definition of abandoned) appears to be that 3gs might only be *secretly* ab= andoned, which is somehow be better? =A0 :D

alternatively, i'd be willing to bet you some dollars (pretty much any am=

ount you chose, above $100, up to a few grand, alternative bets considered)= that ios 5.0x will not work on newer 'chipsets' used in iphones. =A0by you= r definition above, that would appear to make it abandoned in your mind. = =A0so, are you willing to concede that ios 5.0x is not abandoned, or would = you like to make that bet? =A0;D

You're not that stupid. Adobe has stated that *no* version of Flash will be supported on future versions of mobile OS's, chipsets, or browsers.

If a developer creates an app today targeting Flash on mobile, it will not be supported by future versions of Android by Adobe. If an iOS developer develops an iOS app for iOS 5, more than likely it will still work with the next version of iOS

So I guess everyone in the tech industry is retarded....

Wired: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/11/adobe-kills-mobile-flash/ "Jobs Was Right: Adobe Abandons Mobile Flash, Backs HTML5"

News.com http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-57321157-264/adobe-abandons-flash-plug-in= -for-mobile-devices-report/

CBS News http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57321344-501465/adobe-abandons-flash= -player-on-mobile-browsers-for-html5/

eWeek http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Adobe-Abandons-Flash-for-Mobil= e-What-It-Means-to-Developers-408610/