Sandman
SubjectRe: Playbook 2.0
Message-ID<mr-F55C4B.10555124022012@News.Individual.NET>
FollowsNashton

In article <ji668o$e0c$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca> wrote:

-hh
More Silence from the Fanboy Nick.

Nashton
I don't use that one. I do most messaging via email and Facebook. In the corporate world, I can how it would be useful.

Is this from the guy that made a great fuzz about read reciepts in mail? And he does most of his messaging via facebook? Haha!

-hh
So now that the Playbook *finally* has some of the features that it really should have shipped with, does that now mean that you have bought two devices to accomplish the same thing?

Nashton
No, it has more features than I hoped for.

Right, you use it for, and I quote:

Nashton 11/15/2011 02:04:04 <j9sdq3$q3i$1@speranza.aioe.org>

Playbook doing just fine. Right now, all I do on it is billing and play games.

-hh
So just which of your two tablets is now the one that is unnecessary?

Nashton
Why should I pursue any discussion with you? So you'll turn around and state that I spend time defending my purchases out of buyers remorse?

Is this Nashton the fanboy claiming that both tablets he bought is equally necessary? Which should mean that the Iconia is unfit to use for billing and play games on, which would be a reason to keep the Playbook.

-hh
AFAIC, it doesn't really matter if you consider the Playbook to be the "winner" and the Iconia W500 to be the "loser", or vice versa: in fact, I'll even point out that in Acer's defense, they at least shipped a product that had email from its launch, which is what RIM is now only fixing. Even if you say "both", that's still not optimal. Keep on searching...

Nashton
Since you're asking:

For the price of $750, I acquired 2 devices that do much more than the iPad. I use them for different purposes and they are not mutually exclusive. I would elaborate further, but that would give you wings to accuse me of God knows what.

Right, let's keep it at us just accusing you to be a fanboy that has no valid reason to buy devices from companies you love for reasons unexplained :)

I mean, an actual coherent and mature explanation could remedy that, but that would be a bit too unlike you :)

-- Sandman[.net]