Re: Ping Owl: More examples...

Snit
SubjectRe: Ping Owl: More examples of "window 1"
Message-ID<D40AC186.7E305%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsOctavian W. Lagrange

On 9/23/16, 11:15 AM, in article hgdso97t3.gjk@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/23/16, 10:26 AM, in article hugu7ae.jigue@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
I never said anything about *preventing another script* from targeting the window.

Snit
You were clearly and obviously completely confused. See above.

Octavian W. Lagrange
Wrong. You were, and *still are*, completely confused.

I quoted a BUNCH of places where you were flat out wrong. You deny it.

I also quote some places where I was unsure... but I do not think where I was directly wrong. Could be some. ABSLUTELY.

Seems important to you to show where you were not wrong (when you were) and to show where I was. Fine... quote the comment where I was wrong. Open to it. Heck, if I was and you are right then I can learn. I would welcome that!

The point is that you want *your script* to target the *correct* window.

Snit
Sure. And they did.

Octavian W. Lagrange
Only if by "correct window" you mean "any window will do, so long as it's on top."

I reference the window on top (that I JUST created and know is there) as the window on top. That is not "just any window"!

Could another script jump in and reference it or other windows? Sure! Remember, the script does not own the window!

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>