Re: Ping Owl: More examples...

Octavian W. Lagrange
SubjectRe: Ping Owl: More examples of "window 1"
FromOctavian W. Lagrange
Date09/23/2016 23:10 (09/23/2016 21:10)
Message-ID<asdhjg03b.mbu@perch.invalid>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (1h & 54m) > Octavian W. Lagrange

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit

On 9/23/16, 11:24 AM, in article ahjdug09gkg.e@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/23/16, 10:26 AM, in article hugu7ae.jigue@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Well, you still have come a far way... it was not long ago you were talking about each script having its own window 1 for terminal, about having different instances of terminal... and even implications that if I referenced it with the ID and not the index that would prevent some other (hostile?) script compete with it.

Octavian W. Lagrange
I never said anything about *preventing another script* from targeting the window.

Snit
Figured I should be more specific in my response here:

Owl: ----- Let's say two scripts are running, each making reference to Terminal's "Window 1". They each have to wait for something, then do something again with "Window 1". If we don't know which wait will complete first, is it possible for them to screw the pooch on this and do the "something" with the wrong window? -----

Other than preventing other scripts from targeting the window what could you possibly have been thinking of to prevent this? Remember, the script does not own the terminal window!

Octavian W. Lagrange
JHC, where do I mention "preventing other scripts from accessing a window." I specifically say a script might 'do the "something" with the wrong window'. For example, Script1 inadvertently sends something to Script2's window: It's bad for the *sender* in the same way that depositing money in the wrong bank account is bad for the depositor.

Snit
The scripts windows are not even the ones being discussed! It is the terminal windows which are having things done with them!

Octavian W. Lagrange
What the FUCK are you babbling about NOW? I am NOT talking about the script's window you MORON.

Snit
Ah, so when you said: "Script1 inadvertently sends something to Script2's window" you did not mean Script2's window.

LOL!

Ah, so when you said: "The scripts windows are not even the ones being discussed!" you did not mean the window (if any) that the script was executing in. What other script's window might you be referring to then?

LOL!