SubjectRe: Ping Owl: More examples of "window 1"
Message-ID<D40A9771.7E25D%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny

On 9/23/16, 7:16 AM, in article Vq2dnUWsePO7pHjKnZ2dnUU7-SfNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny" <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2016-09-23, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <D40A101B.7E1E1%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit wrote:

Snit
I let Owl know I only had one instance of terminal running (you can have two but it is not the norm... so uncommon Sandman said it was not even possible).

Sandman
Which, of course, I never said. Indeed, quite the opposite. So yet another lie from Snit.

[X] Lying (http://tinyurl.com/gtdd77m)

Marek Novotny
Michael Glasser doesn't like reality, so he makes up his own...

Well, OK, Sandman said you could IF you made a different binary (in other words if you had an instance of a DIFFERENT binary). Here was the exchange where I helped to educate Sandman and Owl:

Sandman: ----- While you can copy the binary and run another instance (not that I've tried) the terminal application is just one binary and what you see are different windows in that process. Each window is addressed separately in the loop. I.e. -----

Owl: ----- Why would you need to copy the binary just to run another instance? -----

Snit: ----- You do not need to. Sandman is just being silly there. I have a Service I wrote which will open an app in a new instance. I never use it so not sure why I have the "clutter." :)

open -n [Application] -----

But, of course, this will not stop you guys from lying about me and trolling. NOTHING can stop that.

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>