Re: Ping Owl: More examples...

Snit
SubjectRe: Ping Owl: More examples of "window 1"
Message-ID<D40AB06D.7E2E2%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsOctavian W. Lagrange
FollowupsOctavian W. Lagrange (14m) > Snit

On 9/23/16, 10:06 AM, in article ajdaig03.agxx3@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/23/16, 9:07 AM, in article hjgi30at.kig@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/23/16, 8:31 AM, in article hgjdasdoe8983.a3@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

By the way, even with you trolling me, and in case you really do care but just are not willing to admit it in front of your friends, I made a video to help you understand that working with an ID does NOT stop other scripts from working with the same object:

Octavian W. Lagrange
No shit, Sherlock.

Snit
Good. What baffled you at one time

Octavian W. Lagrange
What baffled me was the bizarre way Mack Terminal behaves. That still baffles me.

OK, so you are still baffled. If you want to learn I am happy to help where I can.

Snit
is now obvious to you. THAT is what the goal was here -- to help you learn what you were asking about.

Octavian W. Lagrange
I never learned why you think having a script reference "Window 1" is a good idea. There must be no answer to that one.

Well, you still have come a far way... it was not long ago you were talking about each script having its own window 1 for terminal, about having different instances of terminal... and even implications that if I referenced it with the ID and not the index that would prevent some other (hostile?) script compete with it.

Snit
To look good for your friends you had to pretend you were just trolling me, but in the end I think you really wanted to learn and I hope you have.

Octavian W. Lagrange
Wait, you kept claiming I was trolling you.

Of course you were. And are.

Now your claim is that I was pretending to troll you.

Nope.

Which is it? See above, still quoted, where you say, "even with you trolling me..." Just think, if you had a mind, maybe you could make it up.

Re-read what you read. :)

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>