Re: Ping Owl: More examples...

Snit
SubjectRe: Ping Owl: More examples of "window 1"
Message-ID<D40A9D1E.7E285%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsOctavian W. Lagrange
FollowupsOctavian W. Lagrange (17m) > Snit

On 9/23/16, 8:31 AM, in article hgjdasdoe8983.a3@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 9/23/16, 7:16 AM, in article fhjgi0ag.4uu@perch.invalid, "Octavian W. Lagrange" <olagrang@perch.invalid>wrote:

Octavian W. Lagrange
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
[Reposted because it completely rips your claims apart and, gee, for some reason you skipped it. I expect you will never give a real response.]

Octavian W. Lagrange
..

Snit
This was just completely wrong of him! And he went on and on with this nonsense:

Owl: ----- Script 1 thinks "Window 1" is the one connected to 10.0.1.2. Script 2 thinks "Window 1" is the one connected to 192.168.1.3. See a problem yet? -----

He was just NOT getting it! The script does not own the terminal's window 1!

Octavian W. Lagrange
So you *still* don't see the problem with your broken code.

Snit
I think the bigger question is you have yet to figure out the benefit of referencing by ID instead of index. You have yet to even show you understand the window 1 of terminal is not owned by the script but by terminal.

Octavian W. Lagrange
I completely understand that.

Good. I am glad you are leaning.

That's why your script is broken.

For values of "broken" that mean fitting your requirements fine, sure.

Snit
Anyway... enough. I have proved my point and it is 100% predictable you will still troll me and lie.

Octavian W. Lagrange
What you have proven is that you're an idiot.

Snit
You can troll all you want, Owl... but I am the one who is here working to help educate you anyway. :)

Octavian W. Lagrange
I am so seriously *not* interested in AppleScript or Macs in general, now more than ever.

So you asked just to troll. OK.

Snit
Seriously, you kept asking. If you do not want to know that is fine... it is not like I HAVE to help you learn.

Octavian W. Lagrange
I kept asking why you think there is no problem doing it the way you are doing it. You still have not answered. So I leave you to your cluelessness.

The answer is easy: you asked me to do X. I did X. It works fine.

You figured it would be harder than it was so you trolled me... even you now admit it was not about you understanding AppleScript - you claiming to want to know was just your trolling hook.

It worked. Congrats. LOL!

By the way, even with you trolling me, and in case you really do care but just are not willing to admit it in front of your friends, I made a video to help you understand that working with an ID does NOT stop other scripts from working with the same object:

<https://youtu.be/sMdAFTvkpMY>

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>