Re: Laguna Seca is booked!

-hh
SubjectRe: Laguna Seca is booked!
From-hh
Date03/29/2012 00:22 (03/28/2012 15:22)
Message-ID<cc663092-e23a-42b1-b3c4-baec6408d856@w5g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>
FollowsNashton

On Mar 28, 3:26=A0pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca>wrote:

Nashton
On 03-26-12 8:16 PM, -hh wrote:

-hh
On Mar 26, 5:12 pm, ed<n...@atwistedweb.com>=A0wrote:

[big snips] quite obviously, the mention of a timeline for when it's a fad is something he thinks is relevant, otherwise why bring it up, right? =A0:P

It doesn't absolutely resolve the objective question of 'need', but its a pretty reliable indicator.

Nashton
And yet, you have been presented with a list of needs this vehicle fulfills for yours truly ...

"Fulfilled" with bravado claims of an 8,000lb towing capacity, followed later by a link to the Toyota website that shows that the product can't actually tow that much, while also revealing that you don't own a trailer in the first place....you're referring to that "needs list", right? Your claims are laughably lame.

....and are still disputing it by presenting articles from a distant past, as far as 4WD tech goes with nary a mention of....SUVs.

Still waiting for you to document the date since 1999 that the Laws of Physics changed.

This is material of high comedy.

Laughing at your bumbling attempts to rationalize your choices. As I said before, if you simply would have said it was just a toy....but no: you instead tried to claim that you *needed* it.

-hh
As I said before you wrote the above:

=A0 =A0"SUV's had been ~5% of the market for decades ... =A0 =A0 =A0 but then suddenly took off in marketshare...

=A0 =A0...despite *NO* increase in sales of camping trailers, despite =A0 =A0*NO* increase in sales of boats (boating trailers), despite *NO* =A0 =A0increase in family size, *NO* huge shift in global warming causi=

ng

=A0 =A0worse winter blizzards, etc, etc, etc."

Nashton
Which can mean many things but you're hell bent on explaining this by alleging that users are simply victims of marketing and that the increase in market share is unrelated to anything but.

More comic relief.

You've not offered any other reasonably plausible alternative. In the meantime, the Manufacturers gained a full order of magnitude increase in their profitability, which is a prime motivator for any capitalistic business.

and no, for the record i don't have a suv. =A0:D

-hh
If I really had a need for one, I'd have one. =A0I don't see any need t=

get simply as a superfluous embellishment of ego, or as a toy (my tastes differ for that), nor for the current lame excuses which are today usually irrational insecurities and other elements of compensation.

Nashton
Perhaps you're rationalizing the fact that you can't...afford one? Who knows?

YA "Compensation" attempt. I don't mention much personal life, but its clear that you've forgotten some of the things that I have mentioned over the years. You might want to go back and review the archives to see what breadcrumbs have been left. Do let me know if you actually find anywhere if I've ever mentioned what my current daily driver is.

"In my books, I will not spend >70 grand on a car that doesn't do 0-60 in 6 secs. or less." - Nashton, May 2011

Golly, does your Sequoia do 0-60mph in 6sec or less? Nope. Did it cost more than 70 grand? Yup. Hmmm....

But do keep trying to prop up your ego, for you just might finally succeed one day.

-hh
If you want a translation for that, it is that if I needed it as a tool, I'd get one and call it a tool and if I wanted one as a toy, I'd get one and call it a toy. =A0But I'm not going to buy a toy and try to rationalize that I 'needed' a tool...that's self-delusion.

Nashton
Except that nothing seems to convince you that it does fulfill my needs.

Really? So then just provide the cite where you've previously specified these "needs". Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention to your rambling, but I can't really call seeing much of anything substantiative that was articulated by you ... just lots of chest-pounding instead.

BTW, in addition to providing that cite, do also take a moment to then reconcile on those points that your truck can't actually achieve, such as per the very Toyota webpage you provided, your 8,000lb towing capacity claim is not met.

How can anybody expect any objectivity from you if when you jump to unwarranted conclusions (digs?) as to whether it's leased or bought, whether living in a region with one of the highest snowfall in North America does not make it a prime choice for transportation and the fact, to boot, that I need to transport many people with gear to events and venues?

IIRC, those "unwarrented digs" started with your criticism of an ascent of Wolf Creek Pass. You didn't even ask for any more details ... which there indeed were.

And for all of your claimed "needs" for things like lousy weather, you've neutralized these claims yourself by then saying that you don't have to go to work on lousy days and neither does your wife: she can call for a ride to the hospital for her shift from the police.

So far, each time that you start to have some plausibly decent claim for legitimacy, you then proceed to knock it down on your own on the follow-up.

You're a clown.

Such a damning claim...oh, but that's right: you've already admitted to being a liar, even if you still haven't yet come clean on how you commited fraud on Trademarks.

-hh