Re: Laguna Seca is booked!

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Laguna Seca is booked!
FromAlan Baker
Date03/23/2012 16:55 (03/23/2012 08:55)
Message-ID<alangbaker-6CA7C4.08552723032012@news.shawcable.net>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.sport.f1
Follows-hh

In article <427da7b3-cedb-4262-8d9c-5839cd9965f1@d17g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>wrote:

-hh
On Mar 23, 1:49?am, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
Bless my family and friends! The asked me what I wanted for my 50th birthday and they all came through. I'm going to get a chance to fulfill a long time dream.

On June 11, I'll be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to take the 3 day open wheel race driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School.

-hh
Have fun.

Thanks! I AM going to try.

;-)

Alan Baker
My girlfriend and I are going to turn it into a vacation, too: drive down from Vancouver on the preceding weekend, do the course (while the GF enjoys the Monterey Peninsula), then take a leisurely driving vacation back. A little of the wine country, a little of the coast highway... ...redwood forest.

-hh
IMO, the Monterey Aquarium isn't to be missed (by both of you); the Gilroy garlic festival is in July (YMMV if this is a good or bad thing). For Redwoods, there's actually a lot of choices; I'd spent a few hours at "Big Basin" State Park awhile back and 'twas fairly nice.

I've heard that about the aquarium too, so it's now definitely on the list.

Alan Baker
It's going to be great.

-hh
And even on-topic if you swing by Palo Alto (Apple HQ) and one of the area's golf courses.

While I'd love to play golf on this trip, I'm limited by both the fact that I'm already asking my GF to come with me on a trip where I'm doing something just for me for three days of it, and by the simple logistics of not having enough room for my clubs with everything else that will be packed into the Miata.

At least driving by Apple's headquarters might be possible.

-)

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook