Re: Laguna Seca is booked!

-hh
SubjectRe: Laguna Seca is booked!
From-hh
Date03/27/2012 13:11 (03/27/2012 04:11)
Message-ID<9aa40987-0d50-4578-829e-154dd4763b1e@w5g2000vbv.googlegroups.com>
FollowsNashton

On Mar 26, 11:23=A0pm, Nashton <n...@na.ca>wrote:

Nashton
On 12-03-26 8:14 AM, -hh wrote:

On Mar 26, 7:06 am, Nashton<n...@na.ca>=A0wrote:

On 12-03-25 10:45 PM, -hh wrote:

An unfounded opinion based on no data. =A0It was a Suburban with optional engine upgrade, optional fuel tank, towing package, etc=

. =A0It

outclassed the Toyota of its day in every category...well, excep=

t for

fuel pump reliability :-)

so you were saying something about suv's and overcompensation but you had one with the engine upgrade, tow package... =A0something you trying to admit there... =A0 =A0:)

Its called "right tool for the job", and when the job went away, s=

did that class of vehicle.

Of course - everyone else is overcompensating but you, =A0you were just being smart. =A0 ;D

Alan Baker
That actually is a possibility, isn't it?

I'll leave it up to Ed to commit to picking a date for when SUVs became a fad.

-hh

Nashton
What in heaven's name are you mumbling about? SUVs never went out of style and their sales continue to climb in spit=

of the costs of fuel.

Wrong way there bub: =A0SUV's had been ~5% of the market for decades ..=

.

but then suddenly took off in marketshare...

And how does this clash with what I'm saying?

Feel free to post where I ever claimed that they were going "out of style". That should be enough for you to figure it out.

...despite *NO* increase in sales of camping trailers, despite *NO* increase in sales of boats (boating trailers), despite *NO* increase in family size, *NO* huge shift in global warming causing worse winter blizzards, etc, etc, etc.

What did change is the manufacturer's marketing.

Of course ;)

And some highly favorable DOT regulations too...

...oh, and the manufacturer's profits along with them.

Which has nothing to do with why sales of SUVs took off.

15x the profit somehow isn't a motivator? Oh, a quite believable claim! Let's keep this closer to being on-topic by reviewing the CSMA archives to see how many times profits have come up in criticisms of Apple.

=A0 =A0I recall that at one point in the 1990s, Ford's per-unit profit on the Ford Explorer "Eddie Bauer" edition was 15x that of a Detroit sedan - - =A0numbers along the lines of $15K/unit vs $800/unit.

That's nice.

I still own a Sequoia Plat and you don't.

YA "Compensation" attempt through envy? Sorry, but since you've failed at delivering your 8,000lb trailer and the like, you've revealed that you're a Poseur.

-hh