Re: Re: Re: Blast from the ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Re: Re: Blast from the past: (was: Re: Intel's Thunderbolt desperation...)
Message-ID<sandman-eab44f79bedf564e1ed1a42a62815454@individual.net>
Follows-hh

In article <662c0056-722b-437b-b2ad-554080f3a382n@googlegroups.com>, -hh wrote:

Sandman
Haha, yeah there has been some really wonky predictions in the past. It's a shame that there is so little of that nowadays. :)

-hh
Well...not to venture into politics, but there was this little virus last year, which we were first told wasn't a big deal, then that it was under control, then that it was all fake, and that it would all disappear the day after the Nov 2020 election...

Yeah, those kind of predictions aren't as funny to look back at, though :)

But that aside, how's everything else in life been going, Sandman? Family healthy?

Yes, I had covid in february this year, but it was pretty mild. Today my son moves to his own apartment, it's a bit sad. He's nineteen and very mature so I knew it was going to happen soon. Still sad though. :)

Been a hot & wet summer here in the US Northeast. Family' here has mostly been ok, although some financial/logistical stuff has been a slow heavy lift to get progress on. Might actually travel into work this week; will find out later today.

Summer has been pretty great here, no wildfires since the summer hasn't been as dry as last year, which is good. Have way too many too expensive plans for renovating my house. Want to build a spa in the basement, a huge extension to the garage for a workshop, gym, etc. :)

-- Sandman