Re: Intel's Thunderbolt des...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Intel's Thunderbolt desperation...
FromAlan Baker
Date08/14/2013 06:41 (08/13/2013 21:41)
Message-ID<alangbaker-C6D393.21411413082013@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsFlint
FollowupsFlint (4h & 36m)

In article <kueon8$m81$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
On 8/13/2013 9:19 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kuel57$7k8$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
http://vr-zone.com/articles/thunderbolts-great-pcie-hope/50677.html

A compromised effort to salvage TB that is too little too late.

Alan Baker
Saved for future claim chowder...

Flint
I hate to say it, shades of the Firewire fiasco...

Alan Baker
A "fiasco" that has literally millions of people using a superior communications pipeline than USB where performance really matters that is now in thousands of products?

Flint
I will also say this, this time it is through no fault of Apple's, however. This is purely Intel's screwup...

Alan Baker
I love how, when Firewire was way ahead of USB in speed, all you trolls could talk about was how Firewire wasn't really something that Apple had any hand in creating (it was all TI, right?), but now that you call it a "fiasco", you hand the credit back to Apple.

:-)

Flint
I wasn't one of those trolls. I was annoyed with Apple for their quick nickle/long dime approach on the per port licensing model for firewire, but I was in favor of firewire over USB for years.

That's not what I said, now is it?

-- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard."

Flint (4h & 36m)