Re: Intel's Thunderbolt des...

Flint
SubjectRe: Intel's Thunderbolt desperation...
FromFlint
Date08/14/2013 04:23 (08/13/2013 22:23)
Message-ID<kuepn4$q4h$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsKDT (20m) > Flint

On 8/13/2013 10:05 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
What FireWire "fiasco"?

It is used by high end cameras and audio equipment and there was never a lack of hardware support. Every business class Dell laptop that I bought and used up until this year came with it standard.

It was never meant to replace USB. No one ever suggested using FW for mice and keyboards.

There's an echo in here, I've only been saying this like *forever*. Hell, I predicted the complimentary nature of the two even before Intel themselves came out saying this.

Do you think that high end Mac users can't find Thunderbolt devices now?

That's all fine and dandy, Karl, except Apple and its users have nothing to do with it this time. This is Intel's screwup failure to get PC makers onboard.

Bottom line: They simply want too damn much for their controller chips - more than the market is willing to bear.

-- MFB

KDT (20m) > Flint