Re: Intel's Thunderbolt des...

Nashton
SubjectRe: Intel's Thunderbolt desperation...
FromNashton
Date08/15/2013 03:48 (08/14/2013 22:48)
Message-ID<kuhc0g$o5j$1@speranza.aioe.org>
FollowsAlan Baker
FollowupsSandman (6h & 26m) > Nashton

On 2013-08-13 10:19 PM, Alan Baker wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <kuel57$7k8$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent001@section-31.net>wrote:

Flint
http://vr-zone.com/articles/thunderbolts-great-pcie-hope/50677.html

A compromised effort to salvage TB that is too little too late.

Alan Baker
Saved for future claim chowder...

You mean that in the future, you will take it out of context and paste it here. If you ever figure out how to use Google search.

Flint
I hate to say it, shades of the Firewire fiasco...

Alan Baker
A "fiasco" that has literally millions of people

Cite?

using a superior communications pipeline than USB where performance really matters that is now in thousands of products?

A fiasco, for sure. Firewire became a niche communications pipeline [sic]. It could have been much greater and used by many more on the desktop, instead it didn't really catch on, except in the mac world, where most people used it for TGM.

Flint
I will also say this, this time it is through no fault of Apple's, however. This is purely Intel's screwup...

Alan Baker
I love how, when Firewire was way ahead of USB in speed, all you trolls could talk about was how Firewire wasn't really something that Apple had any hand in creating (it was all TI, right?), but now that you call it a "fiasco", you hand the credit back to Apple.

That's a joke, right? Isn't it the same as when you and your ilk were crowing from the top of your lungs, that USB was adopted in the PC world because it was ubiquitous on the Mac side?

Go stalk someone.

:-)

Sandman (6h & 26m) > Nashton