Re: LotR is Unrealistic!

?jevind L?ng
SubjectRe: LotR is Unrealistic!
From?jevind L?ng
Date01/17/2002 10:24 (01/17/2002 10:24)
Message-ID<7Jw18.5254$O5.13026@nntpserver.swip.net>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsDavid K. Wall
FollowupsMorwen (9h & 45m)
David Wall (10h & 30m) > ?jevind L?ng
Arwen Lune (2d, 3h & 19m)

David K. Wall wrote:

David K. Wall
"?jevind L?ng" <ojevind.lang@swipnet.se>wrote:

?jevind L?ng
I want to complain at the fact that nowhere in the book are any Rohirrim given kitchen duty for turning up too late at roll call. That is a common occurrence in real armies and *should* have been included.

David K. Wall
LotR is fantasy, right? You don't seem to have a problem with elves, wizards, dragons, wraiths, magic rings, hobbits, ents, orcs, dwarves, and so on, so why worry about warriors who actually want to fight, and show up on time?

I do have a problem with elves, wizards, dragons, wraiths, magic rings, hobbits, ents, dwarves and so on. They all turn up in the evenings and talk about their problems when I want to sleep. And that does include the magic rings; after all, the Ring spoke on Mount Doom, didn't it?

?jevind