Re: OT: For those who Doubt

Sylver
SubjectRe: OT: For those who Doubt
FromSylver
Date10/08/2001 01:59 (10/07/2001 16:59)
Message-ID<3BC0EC6E.447650F1@subdimension.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsRuss

Russ wrote:

Russ
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011004/us/attacks_wtc_cross_1.html

Russ

I've read every reply to this. Some of it made me laugh, some of it made me cry. The human race has always needed something to believe in. I'm a pagan, I have many gods. I know a lot of Christians, a few Jewish people, a friend practices voodoo. One friend is an atheist, and has the belief that there is no god. So I'd like to know what I'm supposed to be doubting. I have no problem believing that a cross section of the WTC survived in tact. I'll be even less suprised if they find more of those things as they get closer to the bottom. It proves nothing, really. I don't care if some Christians believe that it's a sign from God, etcetera, I just don't want it shoved down my throat in this manner. I don't doubt what I believe, though you might. The thing I've noticed about a lot of fanatics (and I'm not talking about religious people who go to church/temple/mosque, for guidance and leave the rest of us alone), is that they are insecure about their own belief systems (or just plain control freaks), and have a need to convert everyone, so that there is not one single solitary person on the planet that believes differently. Then again, this doesn't work. Look at the Inquisition. If you don't believe, or are suspected of not believing, then you're dead. If one traces the conflict in the Middle East back far enough, you've got what started as a religious war. Live and Let Live, and stop posting things with offensive and patronizing subjects.

Geannie (Sylver) -- Don't you know there ain't no Devil? That's just God when he's drunk. ~Tom Waits, (from Heartattack and Vine)