Re: OT: For those who Doubt

Laurie Forbes
SubjectRe: OT: For those who Doubt
FromLaurie Forbes
Date10/07/2001 02:34 (10/07/2001 02:34)
Message-ID<hqNv7.622835$EF2.87923968@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsGrumpy

"Grumpy" <mojojamd@iname.com>wrote in message news:MPG.16293e83ba712e92989684@news.rdc1.md.home.com...

Grumpy
In article <3BBEC158.EF173B20@drchips.se>, nils.lindgren@drchips.se says...

Nils Gustaf Lindgren
Look guys, I don?t know - this WTC thing is entirely too much for anyone

to live

down - if some poor folks find comfort in some piece of building debris,

let them

- don?t snigger but rather see what kind of rubbish you?d be clutching

in the

wake of a catastrophe ... verb sap

Grumpy
Well said

I am not sniggering. I encourage people to find comfort in whatever way is most meaningful to them, provided [obligatory caveat] it doesn't deny comfort-finding to others. Whatever.

If some of those dedicated and probably-by-now-very-traumatized heroes who are cleaning up the Trade Center site find some solace in a piece of untwisted metal, then more power to them -- and it. The fact that the shape of this piece of metal has a specifically Christianish significance may not trouble or offend or exclude anyone at all. It certainly doesn't bother ME one way or the other.

I remain, however, confused about the title of this thread: WHAT is being "doubted"? And how has it now been cleared up? Or is the point that it was NOT cleared up?

-- Laurie Forbes