Re: OT: For those who Doubt

Flame of the West
SubjectRe: OT: For those who Doubt
FromFlame of the West
Date10/07/2001 12:50 (10/07/2001 06:50)
Message-ID<3BC0337A.5BF99405@erols.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsLuca Brasi
FollowupsKatherine Tredwell (10h & 16m)

Luca Brasi wrote:

Luca Brasi
http://www.sacbee.com/news/news/local06_20011006.html

A demand by the American Civil Liberties Union that Breen Elementary School in Rocklin remove a "God Bless America" sign prompted angry parents, students and administrators to rally at the school Friday evening.

The ACLU contends that the words broadcast "a hurtful, divisive message."

This is almost too much to believe. Both Republicans and Democrats have been using the phrase "God Bless America" in their speeches, so how "divisive" can it be? The ACLU must think we're hurting Bin Laden's feelings or something, but I say, who cares? Or maybe they think that America's schools are packed with little atheists who stay "in the closet" because they fear being burned at the stake. Sheesh. It's time some of these ACLU lawyers got hit with a fat fine, and maybe a little jail time, for frivolous litigation.

--

-- FotW

Reality is for those who cannot cope with Middle-Earth.