Re: Hurin, Beren or other -...

The American
SubjectRe: Hurin, Beren or other - Who is the thoughest man in Tolkien's works?
FromThe American
Date01/22/2002 20:45 (01/22/2002 14:45)
Message-ID<u4rgba8vqe9142@corp.supernews.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsMallron
FollowupsAC (4h & 55m)

"Mallron" <banjax@free.polbox.pl>wrote in message news:a2grs2$2jee$1@news2.ipartners.pl...

Mallron
I have recently started to wonder - who was the toughest man in Tolkien works. I don't mean the breavest, strongest, wisest - but toughest.

Toughest

in the matter of the strong spirit. A spirt (character) so strong that it can put that man amongst the higher beings - perhaps even Maiar or Valar spirits?

didn't tolkien say that Hurin was the "mightiest of Men" ? is it Hurin that Tolkien says was counted as one of the Eldar? how did he die?

AC (4h & 55m)