Re: What Is The Hardest Sce...

Melissa Houle
SubjectRe: What Is The Hardest Scene For You To Visualize From The Books?
FromMelissa Houle
Date01/20/2002 01:47 (01/19/2002 16:47)
Message-ID<b8ca78a3.0201191647.458dfa97@posting.google.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsTed Sallis

tedsallis@aol.compost (Ted Sallis) wrote in message news:<20020116055333.28651.00000133@mb-fi.aol.com>...

Ted Sallis
Actually, this is a part I can envision quite well and I am really anticipating seeing it, I think it will be one of the scariest parts of the trilogy.

It certainly is, in the books. I too really hope it will be done well and subtly in TTT. Shelob can be trusted to be scary on her own account. I just hope she will be convincing, because it will be a make or break moment.

This

will be the scene that everyone just shudders over! I wonder if Jackson will be brazen enough to leave the audience thinking that Frodo has been killed by Shelob at the end of TT, those who have not read the books that is. Sure would make for a nice cliffhanger! Very Empire Strikes Back.

TS One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

J.R.R Tolkien

Or in this case, "Smeagol Strikes Back". All the same, we do learn that Frodo is alive before the end of the book -- But he's in a Very Bad Trouble. But it would make an exciting end to the movie if they decide to leave people who haven't read the books wondering.

Melissa -- "Don't allow your mind to wander: it's too little to be allowed out by itself."