Re: What Is The Hardest Sce...

Gandalf The Grey
SubjectRe: What Is The Hardest Scene For You To Visualize From The Books?
FromGandalf The Grey
Date01/19/2002 11:10 (01/19/2002 11:10)
Message-ID<3c49462d_6@news.uncensored-news.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsTed Sallis
FollowupsStefan Bruhn (46m) > Gandalf The Grey
Graeme (7h & 45m)

Well now you just ruined the surprise of Bilbo surviving the attack by Shelob! WTG buddy!

"Ted Sallis" <tedsallis@aol.compost>wrote in message news:20020116055333.28651.00000133@mb-fi.aol.com...

ESHAAS
Maybe the "Shelob" bit. It could be really great if done well, but let's hope it doesn't turn into a bunch of clunky, going-for-the-cheap-scare

nonesense

with a big silly spider-monster running around and none of the serious feeling of evil and revulsion that belongs in it. No "Arachnid Park", please!

Ted Sallis
Actually, this is a part I can envision quite well and I am really

anticipating

seeing it, I think it will be one of the scariest parts of the trilogy.

This

will be the scene that everyone just shudders over! I wonder if Jackson

will be

brazen enough to leave the audience thinking that Frodo has been killed by Shelob at the end of TT, those who have not read the books that is. Sure

would

make for a nice cliffhanger! Very Empire Strikes Back.

TS One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

J.R.R Tolkien