Re: Nokia Lumia 920.

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Nokia Lumia 920.
FromAlan Baker
Date12/31/2012 19:08 (12/31/2012 18:08)
Message-ID<alangbaker-44A404.18080031122012@news.shawcable.net>
FollowsNashton

In article <kbn3vh$h4b$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca> wrote:

Nashton
On 12-12-29 11:36 AM, Steve de Mena wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 12/26/12 10:45 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

Nashton
-A version of Office

Alan Baker
Which is increasingly irrelevant.

Steve de Mena
Oh, did Microsoft Office's near universal dominance in the word processing and spreadsheet arenas somehow diminish while I was sleeping last night?

Nashton
Apparently so, in Baker's puny little "mind."

-button to turn off more practically placed on the side, instead of the stupid top button

Alan Baker
Why is that more practical? Shouldn't an off button be somewhere you wouldn't typically hold a phone?

Steve de Mena
Hitting the power button than requires a downward swipe to complete the power off. You can't hit it accidentally and power down the phone. You'd just blank the screen

Nashton
The power button is exactly where I would expect it to be.

Right beneath your second finger if you hold the phone with your left hand...

-dual LED for flash

Alan Baker
And that's important, because...

Steve de Mena
Light source from 2 locations, spreads flash light out more evenly. It's not like having 2 high power wireless flashes 5-6 feet part, but you get the idea.

Yeah...

Steve's answer was nonsensical and you've gone strangely silent on the subject.

Nashton
-)

-2.0 aperture compared to 2.4

Alan Baker
Great. Does it actually result in better pictures?

Steve de Mena
I think only in low light situations. They need to address some issues, maybe can be done with software update.

Steve

Nashton
Carl Zeiss lens, larger aperture, excellent results.

A Zeiss lens doesn't automatically mean a better lens.

There are many that rave about the quality of low light pics, not to mention the other cool stuff that the iphone does *not* have.

LOL

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook