Re: Nokia Lumia 920.

Lewis
SubjectRe: Nokia Lumia 920.
FromLewis
Date12/30/2012 09:47 (12/30/2012 08:47)
Message-ID<slrnkdvvt5.lh5.g.kreme@mbp55.local>
FollowsSteve de Mena
FollowupsSteve de Mena (3d)

In message <vMGdnSy76IWQk0LNnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@giganews.com> Steve de Mena <steve@demena.com>wrote:

Steve de Mena
On 12/26/12 10:45 AM, Alan Baker wrote:

Nashton
-A version of Office

Alan Baker
Which is increasingly irrelevant.

Steve de Mena
Oh, did Microsoft Office's near universal dominance in the word processing and spreadsheet arenas somehow diminish while I was sleeping last night?

Evidently. Google Apps has been taking away shit-tons of share from Office (especially from Word, but also from Excel), though I doubt this is counted. Even MSTF says sales of Office are down though.

In fact, I know many companies that have dumped Office completely in favor of Google Apps. They might still have one office license on the accountant's machine, or the main secretary so they still have THAT if their connection is offline. But really? They wander over to the coffee shop for a cup of coffee and to finish up their edits if they are really pressed. There is one company I deal with that is all Google Apps, and they have three different internet connections load balanced so that they don't lose connection (one cable and two DSL from separate companies on separate lines).

In fact, the only people I know who are still using Office are either 1) retired and are using a 10 year old version that they had when they were working or 2) work for an organization that *requires* they use LookOut for their email.

-- Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never doubted it for a second.