Re: Nokia Lumia 920.

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: Nokia Lumia 920.
FromAlan Baker
Date12/26/2012 19:45 (12/26/2012 18:45)
Message-ID<alangbaker-130FB2.18453626122012@news.datemas.de>
FollowsNashton
FollowupsSteve de Mena (2d, 20h & 51m) > Alan Baker

In article <kb8e3g$bcs$1@speranza.aioe.org>, Nashton <nana@na.ca> wrote:

Nashton
Impressive, to say the least.

We (wife and myself) dumped our iPhones for this gem.

-Beautiful screen (higher resolution than the iPhone).

By how much?

-Better mail interface

You'd say that about anything non-Apple.

-Gorgeous and easy to find tiles -syncs with everything, from my Mac to iTunes -Love the Cloud service -can choose between payment method extremely easily (paypal, credit card), whereas on the stupid iPhone, you need to enter a stupid password every time you download even a free app. -extraordinary camera, especially in low light with a feature called "cinematographical." Look it up, fanguuuurls.

"Did you mean: cinematographic "

-better design and seems sturdier than the girly little iPhone

You're really quite the homophobe, aren't you?

-A version of Office

Which is increasingly irrelevant.

-better dl speeds than anything Apple ever produced

Riiiiiight.

-skype works a lot better and is very fluid, compared to skype on Apple.

LOL

Let's not even talk about the POS Facetime which only works with other iPhones if you can get the thing to work. -Standard micro USB. -Faster processor

Really? Specs please!

-button to turn off more practically placed on the side, instead of the stupid top button

Why is that more practical? Shouldn't an off button be somewhere you wouldn't typically hold a phone?

-NO stupid button to mute ringer (how many times does it get turned off inadvertently?)

And if the situation were reversed, you'd be bitching about how you can't turn off the ringer with an exterior button on an iPhone...

-scratch/smudge resistant glass

So... ...exactly like an iPhone.

-standby time almost double that the iPhone

Facts, please!

-dual LED for flash

And that's important, because...

-2.0 aperture compared to 2.4

Great. Does it actually result in better pictures?

-unibody design

So... ...exactly like an iPhone.

-wireless freaking charging integrated!

While the fanguurlies wait in line to drink more kool aid, I'm settling with this very nicely.

Along with your three tablets, how many phones do you think you'll end up with? Just curious.

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook

Steve de Mena (2d, 20h & 51m) > Alan Baker