Re: Republicanism still an ...

AC
SubjectRe: Republicanism still an offence in England? (wasRe: Queen mother (of
FromAC
Date04/14/2002 04:14 (04/14/2002 04:14)
Message-ID<3cb8e594.1721640@news2.randori.com>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
FollowsFlame of the West

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:17:53 -0400, Flame of the West <jsolinasNoSpam@erols.com>wrote:

Flame of the West
Russ wrote:

Russ
The almost peace agreement between Barak and Arafat did not break down because of settlemts. It broke down over Jerusalem.

Flame of the West
I thought it broke down over the right of return.

No, it was initially over East Jerusalem. Barak had offered joint control, which was certainly a workable solution, even if temporary. I believe that Arafat thought he could get a little more, but misjudged the tenuous nature of Barak's position. He could have restrained the Palestinians when Sharon visited a Muslim Holy sight. All he did was insure that Sharon would gain power.

--- AaronC