Re: Snipped, unread, as usual.

Snit
SubjectRe: Snipped, unread, as usual.
Message-ID<CE6CF780.2244E%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
FollowsEzekiel
FollowupsEzekiel (11m) > Snit

On 9/28/13 8:52 PM, in article l2884t$ma5$1@dont-email.me, "Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchemail.com>wrote:

Ezekiel
"Snit" <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote in message news:CE6CB5FD.2240E%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com...

Snit
On 9/28/13 4:19 PM, in article l27o62$lu1$1@dont-email.me, "Nashton" <nonna@nana.ca>wrote:

David Fritzinger
Now, he claims she has an iPhone 4, which she updated to iOS 7, which causes it to run slowly. The problem with lying, Nashton, is that it is difficult to keep your stories straight. As you keep showing, again and again.

Nashton
I believe, Fritzy, that even if I were lying, which I am not (feel free to believe whatever you want), the 4s runs slower on iOS7. Do keep up. The 5s has much better specs. Even a dope like you can understand that a newer OS will run slower on older hardware.

Snit
A new OS will run slower on older (slower) hardware than the same OS on newer hardware, but that does not mean a newer OS will run slower than an older OS on the same hardware. Does not mean it will not, either... but your logic is flawed.

Ezekiel
From the benchmarks iOS7 was faster when it came to browser+javascript, disk and memory. But iOS6 was faster in raw CPU and the graphics benchmarks.

http://www.techaheadcorp.com/blog/iphone-application-development/ios-7-vs-ios- 6-benchmark-test-using-5-benchmark-tools/

There: evidence. Not just blanket claims which are naïve at best. Thank you.

The wife and kids are gone away for vacation for a few days. So after golf this afternoon I decided to surprise the wife by stopping by the mall on my way home and I picked up a iPhone 5c for her (white 32G). For whatever reason she likes the "5c" better than the "5s" so that's what I got her.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66897597@N00/9992285414/

She's definitely not a power-user by any stretch of the imagination but she's starting to take a *lot* of pictures with her phone. So I got it primarily for the better camera but I'm sure that the faster speed isn't going to hurt either. It'll be interesting to play around with it and see how the faster processor does.

I do not take a lot of pics but since I have my iPod with me much of the time I am beginning to take more. Outside it is a decent camera - and it is an older model. With inside lighting it sorta sucks. So be it... not the main reason I got it anyway.

-- "But I have never, ever even run a Linux server and I don't even want to; it's not what I'm interested in. I'm more of a desktop guy." -- Linus Torvalds

Ezekiel (11m) > Snit