Re: Snipped, unread, as usual.

Nashton
SubjectRe: Snipped, unread, as usual.
FromNashton
Date09/29/2013 01:19 (09/28/2013 20:19)
Message-ID<l27o62$lu1$1@dont-email.me>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
FollowsDavid Fritzinger
FollowupsAlan Baker (4m)
Snit (16m)
KDT (56m)
Sandman (7h & 44m)
Sandman (7h & 49m)
David Fritzinger (21h & 38m)

On 2013-09-28 2:25 PM, David Fritzinger wrote:

David Fritzinger
In article <alangbaker-6EA708.08451028092013@news.shawcable.net>, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>wrote:

Alan Baker
In article <l26ku7$k5g$1@dont-email.me>, Nashton <nonna@nana.ca>wrote:

Nashton
On 2013-09-27 11:34 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:

flatfish+++
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:35:47 +0200, Sandman wrote:

In article <l240a7$n2l$1@dont-email.me>, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>wrote:

Chris Ahlstrom
Never mind that, if you don't like your phone-service vendor or phone manufacturer, you are free to make the change whenever your contract (that you accepted) allows you to.

Want the latest version of your operating system? What phone do you have? An iPhone? Oh, then go right ahead and click update.

Nashton
Wife updated her iPhone 4 to iOS 7. Much slower than before.

Alan Baker
But you claimed you got rid of her iPhone 4 and yours for Nokia Lumia 920s, Nicolas...

...then you said she had an iPhone 5.

David Fritzinger
Perhaps Nashton needs to get his stories straight. First his wife had an iPhone 4s, which was suffering from very short battery life.

Yes.

So, she got a Nokia 920 and loves it. Then, she got an iPhone 5, which fact Nashton now refuses to acknowledge.

No, she is still using her 4s. Nokia was sold on Kijiji. She still likes her iPhone.

Now, he claims she has an iPhone 4, which she updated to iOS 7, which causes it to run slowly. The problem with lying, Nashton, is that it is difficult to keep your stories straight. As you keep showing, again and again.

I believe, Fritzy, that even if I were lying, which I am not (feel free to believe whatever you want), the 4s runs slower on iOS7. Do keep up. The 5s has much better specs. Even a dope like you can understand that a newer OS will run slower on older hardware.

BTW, I upgraded both my wife's and my iPhone 4 to iOS 7, and saw that it ran at least as well as before. The only real problem I've had with any iOS version was when I first upgraded to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4. Suddenly, battery life went all to hell. I went to the Apple community to see if anyone else had the same problem, and saw that in many cases, doing a complete restore fixed the problem. I did, and it did fix it. Upgraded to iOS 6.1, and again the battery life went to hell. Did another restore, which again fixed the problem. Didn't do another upgrade until iOS 7 came out.

Never, *ever* have I performed a restore, soft or otherwise on my 920. The iPhone needs it quite often, at least from my experience.

An Android? Nope, sorry, gotta buy a new phone. Oh, you have a contract? Sorry, you have to wait... That's life as an Android user, I'm afraid. You're locked in.

Nashton
Awww, are you feeling empathy for Android users because they can't update to some useless incremental update that doesn't really add anything to the functionality of their phones?

Samsung: Kicking Apple's but in profits and market share.

Alan Baker
LOL

David Fritzinger
Is English Nashton's second language? Usually, when talking about "kicking someone's butt" the word butt has two t's, not one. But with one t has a completely different meaning.

Oh look, a spelling frame from the lab tech.

Alan Baker (4m)
Snit (16m)
KDT (56m)
Sandman (7h & 44m)