Re: Snipped, unread, as usual.

Snit
SubjectRe: Snipped, unread, as usual.
Message-ID<CE6CFD2B.22454%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Client
Newsgroupscomp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
FollowsEzekiel

On 9/28/13 9:26 PM, in article l28a6c$ub5$1@dont-email.me, "Ezekiel" <zeke@nosuchemail.com>wrote:

Ezekiel
The wife and kids are gone away for vacation for a few days. So after golf this afternoon I decided to surprise the wife by stopping by the mall on my way home and I picked up a iPhone 5c for her (white 32G). For whatever reason she likes the "5c" better than the "5s" so that's what I got her.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66897597@N00/9992285414/

She's definitely not a power-user by any stretch of the imagination but she's starting to take a *lot* of pictures with her phone. So I got it primarily for the better camera but I'm sure that the faster speed isn't going to hurt either. It'll be interesting to play around with it and see how the faster processor does.

Snit
I do not take a lot of pics but since I have my iPod with me much of the time I am beginning to take more.

Ezekiel
I built one of the best digital photo frames I've ever seen and that runs 18 hours/day displaying all the photos I've taken. I sync'd up her iPhone and iPad using the iCloud Photostream. I also created a VM that connects to her photostream which automatically copies the pictures she takes to the photo frame. So once she takes some pictures, they'll automatically display on the digital pic frame later that day. She really liked that so now she's taking more pictures than ever.

Cool idea. I can see where that would be good - as long as she does not take any private pictures. :)

Actually, I would want to pick and choose and have a chance to say which pics I had on the frame and which I did not.

Snit
Outside it is a decent camera - and it is an older model. With inside lighting it sorta sucks. So be it... not the main reason I got it anyway.

Ezekiel
The tiny lens can only capture so much light. Some models have a flash but it's pretty weak and has a limited range.

Mine is pre-flash... as I said, pretty bad for indoor pics.

It's not a great substitute for a real camera but if you're outside or in bright light it can take some pretty good photos. It's infinitely better of having no camera and completely missing the shot.

Exactly. And most of the pictures I take are meant for screens and not printing so megapixels are not an issue for me. Still not the best camera around, but it is a tiny part in a small device I have on me anyway. Good to have pics of the kids and I am sure they will like them as they get older (and relatives like them now).

--

As for Stallman, he is a repulsive person by any standard of decency.

... standard of decency or hygiene. -- Lusotec