Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

Sandman
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
Message-ID<mr-C2DB94.16363723082012@News.Individual.NET>
Followsed
Followupsed (14m) > Sandman

In article <2ac26e91-485d-4e7f-ace4-6d68b74bd143@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

Sandman
This is where people get it?

ed
it's where you can get it. :D

This is where people get it?

Sandman
So, step one is really "search for a file on the internet", right?

ed
sure, that's pretty self evident, like with anything that you don't know where it is / how to do yourself. just like kdt's stuff above, where he doesn't list that

Adding that point to KDT's list *amplify* his point. Adding it to your list, diminishes yours. See why I'm asking for it yet?

Sandman
The easy way seems to be very confident!

ed
just like how do you know the 'easy' iphone jailbreak doesn't have a virus?

I'm not sure why you try to make this about iPhone jailbreaking all the time? We are talking about Flash are we not? Stop trying to dodge.

Sandman
That's something you put up for me and possibly KDT, and you're even saying it's not the latest version. For the outline you need an authorative URL or steps to procure that url for the regular user.

ed
um, no, i actually don't need to follow your made up rules. :D there's nothing "authorative" about kdt's url either, but i hear no complaints from you there either. hmmm.

You're claim of "easy" is falling apart.

Sandman
Anyway. I downloaded your file. It showed up in the notifications area, I clicked it, and got this: <>

So regular Joe is already here warned that the file can cause damage to the phone. Sounds reassuring! I visit the settings, and then it's gone from the notification area. I did this before reading your post above, so I had no idea where to find it. Eventually I found the "Downloads" app and there it was. I clicked it, and got this:

<>

Well, there you go. It seems your outline is missing tons of steps:

1. Get file (how?) 2. Download to phone 3. Set settings to allow for unsecure installs 4. Uninstall existing Flash plugin in Settings ->Apps 5. Click file in downloads app 6. Set settings to deny insecure installs

And when I'm done following these easy steps, I visit the Southpark page which is probably the last page in the world that still use Flash, and I get this:

<>

The image there is the usual "get flash" icon, indicating that I don't actually have flash on the device.

I google for flash games, and end up here:

<>

So yeah, really easy! What steps in this 6-step outline do I have to add?

ed
i don't know. i downloaded and installed, and i'm good to go. :P

So your claim of "easy" has been proven false.

Sandman
If I were asked to outline how to jailbreak iPhone, I would certainly flesh out the details.

ed
we have different ideas of 'outline' then.

Yes, one is from the dictionary, one is from The Ed Semantic Games.

no url, no description on how to click, or anything else. jeebus man, what's a person to do. ;D

Sandman
Ask me, and I'll tell you.

ed
i don't need you to, because i GET THE POINT of "one click and done" and don't need every little detail spelled out so i can tell you that a simple process is actually difficult. :P

You would if you wanted to know if it really was as easy as I was making it seem for the regular user. The difference is that you know it is pretty easy to jailbreak an iPhone.

-- Sandman[.net]

ed (14m) > Sandman