SubjectRe: Brackets Update
Message-ID<D36220AE.733BE%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsJohn Gohde

222 0 <D36220AE.733BE%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> On 5/18/16, 1:07 PM, in article 41d309b5-d0ee-4763-a209-754d324d7b39@googlegroups.com, "John Gohde" <john.h.gohde@gmail.com>wrote:

John Gohde
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 2:19:07 PM UTC-4, Steve Carroll wrote:

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 7:49:41 AM UTC-6, John Gohde wrote:

Since Sunday was rather chilly and windy, I spent most of the day working on a mock up Web page. I stuck with Brackets, and basically debugged my CSS and a simplified HTML5 dummy page.

I experienced a heck of a lot of problems, and had made one major typo in my HTML, which took forever for me to track down. Ergo, I am starting today with a working, clean, basic Web page, visible on my home desktop, ONLY.

The really big challenges that I will now tackle are YouTube video, followed by Google Adsense ads, followed by menus.

The menus should not be much of a problem, at all. My basic layout will be extremely simple and should result in very few screen size problems, other than video issues.

Moi wont be using Responsive Design Grids, except perhaps for his home page.

Nor, am I am in any position to decide between going with HTML5 or XHTML.

Moi is very happy with his Web progress.

I now have a better understanding of how the Bracket Editor works. And, I have been able to realize that a worn out mouse, had been responsible for a number of different Linux issues.

In addition, I have determined that a 3-layered CSS file approach should work quite well, and should suit all my future Web needs for hopefully a very long time.

I "determined" that your site has no need to load more than 1 CSS file (meaning: 1 http request). You can even make that file much smaller by removing all of your unused CSS (which is a boatload).

(snip a bunch of BS that translates into: Like Snit, Godhe gave up)

My generic.css file is designed to address the basic elements used in HTML, as well as my core set of CSS Classes. As I am not mentally unstable, I do not foresee making ANY changes to it, at all. My layout.css will define the visual layout being used on the given page. Obviously, with multiple layouts, they all must have different file names. And, then finally the media screen file CSS file, which will handle the few situations where my default basic layout breaks down in my mock up page on different screen widths.

Few situations?

Yeah, Steve just because my file name has 'fluid' in it, my template name has 'Linux' in it, doesn't signify anything, Steve. Boy are you ever the dumb fuck.

True... I suppose for it to "signify" anything meaningful you should have named it 'moron.css'.

My use of file names does not have any more significance than does the use of GNU in Linux APP names has.

My task is simply to work on these 3 basic CSS files until they are completely debugged and I am satisfied and confident that Moi knows what he is doing. In other words, confidence in what appears to work today, will continue to work long into the future.

Said the guy who is cutting things from HTML4/5 documents and pasting them into his XHTML documents. If by "work" you mean, 'keep search engines away', then, yes, it'll work as well as it has been and will continue to do so "long into the future".

With over 400 pages, I am sure that more than a few of them will present some special problems that will have to be addressed on an individual basis. I know what I published, after all.

So does anyone who bothers to look.

Carroll LOL - Steve is going down for the third count. What a loser that Carroll be.

Hey, your site does not look as amazing as the ONE site Carroll has been able to show of his: <http://www.oldneighborhoodrestaurant.net>.

Wait... he has shown some others, but apparently he keeps losing his accounts for copyright infringement, harassment, and who knows what else.

Carroll cannot actually DO anything, so he just attacks others.

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>