Re: Brackets Update

John Gohde
SubjectRe: Brackets Update
FromJohn Gohde
Date05/17/2016 01:42 (05/16/2016 16:42)
Message-ID<dd889cda-21b7-45a6-8259-78e355eaf230@googlegroups.com>
FollowsJohn Gohde

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:34:24 PM UTC-4, Snit wrote:

John Gohde
On 5/16/16, 4:29 PM, in article 2a9d6242-d5fd-4aeb-ae9b-fb163d8258b4@googlegroups.com, "John Gohde" <john.h.gohde@gmail.com>wrote:

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 11:06:27 AM UTC-4, owl wrote:

What kind of "code" is Linux peppering over your files?

Mostly, CSS statements that I had cut/deleted with a Ctrl-X

Are you middle clicking and accidently pasting?

I don't know. I do try to move around by scrolling the wheel on my mouse.

I shall take a look at turning that feature off.

Ergo, I will have to at some point pause for a complete re-install of Linux Mint, and perhaps even switch over to a Windows version of Brackets.

At this point, no body can possibly be serious about doing important programming work with Linux Mint. This has been a long standing bug, which might have gotten worst recently than it it always has been. Could be related to Cinnamon? Who knows at this point?

What is the bug?

Every time I do a cut and paste, what I had cut ends up is some pretty bizarre places. Sometimes, in multiple places.

There are two different "clipboards" or buffers used by many Linux distros. It is a bit odd...