Re: If true

flint
SubjectRe: If true
Fromflint
Date02/12/2013 01:23 (02/11/2013 19:23)
Message-ID<kfc20b$3kf$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsKDT (13h & 56m) > flint

On 2/10/2013 9:48 PM, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:29:28 PM UTC-5, Rollo wrote:

Rollo
"Tommy Troll" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 10, 2013 4:48:42 PM UTC-5, ed wrote:

Tommy Troll
How is this an innovation?

Who else do you know is thinking not issuing new versions, but

updating everything. Windows, Office, etc would get annual updates,

all about the same time. You would never need to delete >and

re-install again. Also, I have a feeling that the updates would be on

an license fee basis. I like that idea.

Rollo
But it doesn't update everything, breaks stuff, and renders obsolete

or drops apps that worked good and people liked.

KDT
Microsoft operating system updates don't break things? Really?

The last time I saw a Microsoft update 'break' anything was XP SP2, which seemed to cause firewire 800 to slow down to S100 speeds. But in all fairness, this was due more to an unclear OHCI specification that failed to clearly define 1394b. Not to mention, Microsoft did come up with a hotfix for the issue (KB885222) very shortly thereafter.

-- MFB

KDT (13h & 56m) > flint