Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

Laszlo Lebrun
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
FromLaszlo Lebrun
Date08/21/2012 07:34 (08/21/2012 07:34)
Message-ID<k0v6m1$asm$1@tota-refugium.de>
FollowsKDT

On 21.08.2012 01:56, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Monday, August 20, 2012 7:23:22 AM UTC-4, Laszlo Lebrun wrote:

Laszlo Lebrun
On 20.08.2012 12:50, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Monday, August 20, 2012 4:22:40 AM UTC-4, Laszlo Lebrun wrote:

Laszlo Lebrun
On 20.08.2012 09:15, Lewis wrote:

Lewis
Try setting your user agent to

"Safari iOS 5.1 - iPad"

Amazing how many "this site requires flash" sites do not, in fact,

require flash.

Laszlo Lebrun
So That is your testing method to see whether a site requires flash or not?

ROTFL!

KDT
Yes because people like you and Steve think just because a site uses Flash on a desktop browser doesn't preclude the same site having a mobile version that doesn't use Flash for video.

Laszlo Lebrun
And you think the whenever you don't become an error or a "this site

requires flash" with your "iOS" user agent, you won't miss the flashed

content?

Way, are you candid...

KDT
No, I think when I go to a site that shows Flash video and you change the user agent and you get the same video content using H.264 you are not in fact missing the Flash content.....

Oh you really compared both versions each case, switching the user agent and disabling flash? ;-)

Do it (or run the test on both computers) and you will wonder how many sites just deliver a reduced ersatz for iCrap devices...

My banking website won't display an error, it just won't deliver the secure interface to my chipreader any more so I must enter manually and usecurely all data for each transaction.

-(

The trading site will just display plain HTML content whereas the flash version will contain real-time charts and so on... ;-)

-- One computer and three operating systems, not the other way round. One wife and many hotels, not the other way round ! ;-)