Re: Android hammers iOS, no...

ed
SubjectRe: Android hammers iOS, no wonder Apple is worried
Fromed
Date08/13/2012 18:12 (08/13/2012 09:12)
Message-ID<e9ee86ca-8a35-455c-b591-df72fb6f5217@googlegroups.com>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsSandman (20h & 52m) > ed
Sandman (8d, 20h & 27m)

On Monday, August 13, 2012 3:44:39 AM UTC-7, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Aug 9, 4:45=A0am, Sandman <m...@sandman.net>wrote:

version of the operating system? My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" is still=

on

Android 3.2. No Android 4 for me, thanks Samsung!

KDT
=20

=20

i though i read in the last week or so that 4.0 had rolled out for th=

e 10.1?

=20

<google break...> yup, rolling out, so it looks like you'll be getting it.

=20

Sandman
Only about a year after it's been released. :-D

sure, just pointing out that the 'no android 4 for me' was going to be chan= ging soon. ;D =20

KDT
Funny enough, Ed doesn't see this as a problem.

what ed actually thinks is this isn't a big problem on phones, since the ne= xus devices are available if being on the latest version of android is a bi= g deal to you. i'm more sympathetic to the issue on the tablet side, altho= ugh it's been pretty obvious that (until the nexus 7 came out) the xoom was= the closest to a dev / nexus device in terms of update and support.

Sandman (20h & 52m) > ed
Sandman (8d, 20h & 27m)

  • ed
    08/13/2012