Re: OT: (Yes, Chance, I'm l...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: OT: (Yes, Chance, I'm letting you know): Skip Barber
FromAlan Baker
Date08/02/2012 06:08 (08/01/2012 21:08)
Message-ID<alangbaker-0C54B0.21080201082012@news.shawcable.net>
Followsed
Followupsed (12h & 39m) > Alan Baker

In article <2bd1557b-f5dc-42b8-9e91-e3c7f06c123d@googlegroups.com>, ed <news@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

<http://www.skipbarber.com/formula.asp>

So all you expert racers out there, I'm probably going to go back for

the advanced lapping 2-day course in the fall at Laguna Seca. Come on

out and show me your stuff...

Tanker
"Probably" is the operative word here. Better start working F&F.

...assuming you're not full of hot air...

...again.

A tip:

If you do get there, try not to let the car frighten you so much, again.

Maybe you'll do better.

Is liar Baker showing off once again?

What does this have to do with advocacy, anyway?

Yeah he's buying a Race car, race team, truck, trailer, and hiring a fulltime

mechanic..... So he can drive 103 mph. LOL

Nope. But I am looking at buying a Formula Ford at about 1:30 today.

Car, spares, trailer... ...it's got all that, but no mechanic.

ed
You end up picking this up?

Yup!

Well... ...I'm actually waiting for a space that's becomes available in about a week, week and a half, but I've told the owner that I'm buying it. I can't actually pick it up until I have some where to put it.

It's a Van Diemen RF89 with everything: engine, spare engine, spare engine block, lots of other spare parts, jigs for making some parts, and the place I'm renting space to work on it also houses a very nice guy who runs a 13 car rental race car business. His rentals are Formula Vees, but his personal car is a Formula Ford. As soon as he moves some of his stuff out of one space, a neighbour of his in the facility is taking it and it has enough room for me to share. And a good buddy of mine is the general manager and master machinist/engine builder of a drag/hotrod shop.

It's just one of those times when everything is falling into place.

I figure that when I'm 70, I'd rather look back having seized the opportunity.

-)

-- "The iPhone doesn't have... ...well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good, I guess I'll let him off the hook

ed (12h & 39m) > Alan Baker