Re: OT: For those who Doubt

Luca Brasi
SubjectRe: OT: For those who Doubt
FromLuca Brasi
Date10/17/2001 04:14 (10/17/2001 04:14)
Message-ID<Xns913CC3E8732F8SleepsWithTheFishes@140.99.99.130>
Client
Newsgroupsalt.fan.tolkien
Follows
Followupsrand mair fheal (4m)
Katherine Tredwell (1h)

Kathy Tredwell <ktredwell@ou.edu>wrote in news:3BC67DAF.1D9AFABB@ou.edu:

Luca Brasi wrote:

Kathy Tredwell <ktredwell@ou.edu>wrote in news:3BC31EFD.F581AA97@ou.edu:

Luca Brasi wrote:

Luca Brasi
Kathy Tredwell <ktredwell@ou.edu>wrote in news:3BC0C3EC.B230D74B@ou.edu:

Katherine Tredwell
Flame of the West wrote:

Flame of the West
This is almost too much to believe. Both Republicans and Democrats have been using the phrase "God Bless America" in their speeches, so how "divisive" can it be?

Katherine Tredwell
It offends those of us who believe that God is above making political endorsements. For some people, "separation of Church and State" is a religious issue as well as a secular one.

Luca Brasi
Oh puh-leeze. What total bullshit!

Did you think that crap up yourself or did it come out of your ACLU playbook?

No, I got it from my religion, you narrow-minded bigot.

You're not religious, you use "religion" to squash what you fear. Stop being narrow-minded yourself and learn to accept that people who are TRULY religious want to hold their beliefs in every aspect of their lives and not when YOU want them to.

I am deeply religious, but I recognize that not everyone shares all of my beliefs. Therefore, I do not inflict my beliefs on others, and I ask that they pay me the same courtesy. (Ask, not force. While I sympathize with some of what the ACLU is saying, I am not involved in their lawsuit.) You, however, appear not to grasp that others may have different yet sincerely held beliefs.

You may not inflict your beliefe on others, but it is your wish to stop others practicing theirs. You cannot grasp the importance of beliefs in daily life or worse, you do but want to squash religious freedom anyway.

I also do not need to have the name of God on my lips every waking moment to have a spiritually filled life. If you truly feel that you cannot hold your beliefs in every aspect of your life unless you are trumpeting them from the rooftops, I pity you.

Kathy Tredwell

Just because you don't have God on your lips every waking moment doesn't make it wrong for those who do. I pity you, a person who claims to be religious and ashamed of God at the same time because of your fear of being viewed as trumpeting your beliefs 'from the rooftops'.