Re: It's over, Apple was ri...

ed
SubjectRe: It's over, Apple was right...
Fromed
Date08/22/2012 14:55 (08/22/2012 05:55)
Message-ID<c3136e1c-87b9-4340-be9b-1b32268a77b5@googlegroups.com>
FollowsKDT
FollowupsSandman (9m) > ed

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:04:21 AM UTC-7, KDT wrote:

KDT
On Aug 21, 7:45=A0pm, ed <n...@atwistedweb.com>wrote:

ed
south park, amex fhr, and hulu (for non subscription access, so hul=

u+ does nothing for me) are still the big ones for me. =A0i'll let you know= in a couple weeks if the yahoo fantasy football site (or the app) is any b= etter this year (last year the draft site was flash only, and you couldn't = draft from the app (android or ios)).

KDT
=20

Hulu blocks flash content on mobile devices so Hulu does nothing for =

you either....

=20

=20

ed
maybe it does nothing for you, but it does for me. =A0;D =A0(there are =

easy workarounds)

KDT
=20 My definition of "easy workaround" is to connect to my Plex Server (over the Internet or at home) and subscribe to those channels.... =20 =20 =20 =20 =20 If your definition of "easy" is..... =20 =20 =20 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3D1427095 =20 =20 =20 So here goes. =20 1. Update flash via the market to the latest version =20 2. Download & unzip the 2 files linked below to be pushed to /data/ =20 flash =20 3. adb shell mkdir /data/flash =20 4. adb push S98fixflash /data/flash =20 5. adb push libflashplayer.so /data/flash =20 5.5 (almost forgot) Install Busybox from the market, let it run, grant =20 su, and have it install the latest busybox for you =20 6. Install Script Manager from the market =20 7. Open Script Manager and be sure to select to give it root access =20 8. Browse to /data/flash in Script Manager, select S98fixflash and =20 select root and boot options (thus making it run on each boot, with =20 root permissions) =20 9. Reboot (Press + hold power, power off) =20 10. Open Browser, open settings, advanced, user agent string, desktop

that is one way to do it. certainly not the easy way, but one way. :P

=20

South park is available on both Hulu + and Netflix.

=20

ed
subscription based, neither or which i subscribe to, so does nothing fo=

r me.

KDT
=20 =20 Use Plex. =20

or i could (and did) just install a hacked flash (i would just download it = and install it, but you can use the directions above to make it look all co= mplicated if you want). :D

And without Plus, there are a lot of shows that you don't get at all or you have to wait longer.

did the trial, didn't care. :D

Sandman (9m) > ed

  • ed
    08/22/2012