How do I do this on Windows?

Sandman
SubjectHow do I do this on Windows?
Message-ID<mr-065618.18545821042004@news.fu-berlin.de>
Followups§¼¡Ý (1h & 33m) > Sandman
zurg (4h & 44m) > Sandman
Nash*ton (5h & 22m) > Sandman
Tim Smith (1d, 6h & 12m)
Jeffery Priddy (2d, 23h & 51m) > Sandman

If you go to my homepage (http://www.sandman.net) you'll see at the bottom right four lines of information (with four different icons).

These are my "status" lines, or whatever you want to call them. It's just a fun thing I recently picked together. It's in swedish, but I think you'll understand what they do.

The first line tells the user what I am doing right now. I manage this with a Apple script that prompts me with what I am doing (upon request, not all the time) and then uploads this to the page.

The second line is also a applescript set to execute every five minutes, that fetches information from iTunes about what I am listening to at the moment.

The third and fourth lines are statuses about my computers. Basically, they tell the visitor if my computers are idle or not, and whether I am logged in to them. This is managed by a perl script on both these computers to upload relevant information every second minute.

All of this was fairly easy to set up - the hard part was figuring out how long the computer has been idle (since the AppleScript 'plugin' that does this in OS9 doesn't exist in OSX).

But how would it be done in Windows, using track information from WMP for instance? Idle time? logged in status? "Doing right now" prompt thingie?

Just curious - I'm not implying it can't be done.

-- Sandman[.net]