Re: Another step towards Wi...

Lloyd Parsons
SubjectRe: Another step towards Windows
FromLloyd Parsons
Date08/29/2014 22:23 (08/29/2014 15:23)
Message-ID<c6c5p8F5ob0U1@mid.individual.net>
FollowupsNashton (36m)
Nashton (51m) > Lloyd Parsons
Sandman (1d, 8h & 30m) > Lloyd Parsons

On 29 Aug 2014 20:19:09 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <c6bmhhF1ljdU1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd Parsons wrote:

Lloyd Parsons
I've said I wasn't happy with the path Apple is taking with Yosemite, And I wasn't enamored of the look and feel of iOS7 for the same reasons. Skinny font, little contrast and shades of pastel. All make It difficult on my eyes.

Sandman
So, is there some reason why you're not selecting a bold font, and higher contrast in the accessability settings on your iPhone?

Lloyd Parsons
I played around with lots of settings. Never found a combo I liked enough on anything but the retina screen. Unfortunately the MBPr is usually connected to an external monitor.

Sandman
Macbook? I was in reference to your iPhone above.

Lloyd Parsons
Same difference, smaller screen just exacerbates the issues.

Sandman
Uh, no - you said "skinny font" and "little contrast", which can be set in the settings. I asked why those settings didn't help you. It's what they are there for, after all.

Lloyd Parsons
What I found is that if you go to accessibility, they are in general overkill and make things uglier. Just an opinion.

Sandman
Of course, but you specifically said the font was skinny and the contrast was low - both of which can be fixed in the settings. If you don't think the font is "pretty" enough, there is no setting for that. I have a legitimate fix for your specific complain, so you either have more untold complains or you have no tried the fix.

Did you miss where I said I had tried that already? I fiddled with all that crap on the phone and iPad when iOS7 got installed on them. Bottom line was that it wasn't an 'improvement'. Yes easier to read, But uglier imo.

Lloyd Parsons
But it really doesn't matter at this point. The iPhone 5 is in Verizon's hot little hands and the HTC One is in mine!! :)

The die is cast...

Sandman
For the sound of it - needlessly so.

Not at all.

But then again I'm at the stage of my life where 'needs' aren't all That big a thing. It is wants.

--

Lloyd from SurfacePro via NewsgroupsRT