Re: Question for Sandman ab...

Snit
SubjectRe: Question for Sandman about web design
Message-ID<C2566A73.7E8C1%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowupsSandman (8h & 40m) > Snit

"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net>stated in post mr-2A1C19.23202626042007@News.Individual.NET on 4/26/07 2:20 PM:

Sandman
In article <C25657ED.7E89A%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit <CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
Read what you snipped, you silly troll. Come on, Sandman, why can't you actually read a whole post without running. The concept is simple:

My main reason for being in CSMA is to help people (and to learn as well), but I *also* respond to trolls such as you, Carroll, Wally and the like. Even when I do so, however, I often am doing so to help you learn things - as I taught you about alt-text and CSS, taught Carroll about how Resolutions are not Treaties and how one can break the law and not be caught or convicted, and have taught Wally that incest and sex are not the same. Sure, not all of these lessons sink in - I am not sure, for example, Wally has yet accepted that those two things are not synonymous, but my responses to trolls such as you and they generally include a lesson... do not blame me if you silly trolls are not able to understand these simply lessons: I cannot make you understand what you read, cannot get you to accept simple logic, nor get you to be honest.

That, really, is what my list of facts that piss trolls off is about... simple facts you and the other trolls should stop arguing against or claiming otherwise - in other words, things you should *learn*. Again: I post to teach and to learn... do not blame me if you fail to do either... Here is the list again:

Computer / industry facts: ??A personal computer without an OS is crippled by that lacking ? Apple doesn't provide as many options as the rest of the PC industry ??Apple's video format is not far from NTSC DVD and good enough for most ??Different version numbers refer to different versions ? Different viruses are still different even if in the same "family" ??Dreamweaver, being the #1 pro web design tool, is used by many pros ??It is OK to email yourself files and repeatedly access them there ??Mac OS X 10.x.x is a version of Mac OS ? Macs are Macs and Apple is still making and selling Macs ? OS X is partially based on BSD (esp. FreeBSD) ? OS X users are at far less risk of malware then are XP users ??OS X's Control+Scroll wheel function does not exist in default XP ? Photoshop is an image editing application used in many industries ??Pros aren't beginners in their field (though there are new pros) ??Similarly configured Macs and Win machines tend to cost roughly the same ??The path "~/users/username/library/widget" is not common on any OS ? The term "all widgets" does not specify a specific subgroup of widgets ??The term "screen name" is generally understood by users of IRC ? The tilde in an OS X path does *not* mean "the hard drive only" ? There are two general types of PCs: Macs and PCs (odd naming conventions!) ??Web image alt-text shouldn't generally be "space", "left" or "right"

Other facts: ??A partial subset is not synonymous with the whole ? A person's actions speak more about him than what others say ? If A = B then B = A (known as the "symmetric property of equality") ??Incest and sex are not identical (only a pervert would disagree) ??It is dishonest to purposely misattribute quotes ? No legislation supercedes the Constitution (unless it amends it) ? Nuclear arms are arms ??One can be actually guilty of breaking the law but not be adjudicated ? Teaching is a "real job" ??Technical competence and intelligence are not the same thing ??The word "ouch" is not a sure sign of agreement. ? Things which are not the same are not "identical"

I welcome any *reasoned* responses... though you are almost sure to snip and run.

Sandman
So why do you spend 99% of your time in CSMA not doing what you claim to be the main reason you come here? It doesn't make any sense.

You snipped the above and pretended it did not exist. In other words, Sandman, you lied.

-- ? Different version numbers refer to different versions ? Macs are Macs and Apple is still making and selling Macs ??The early IBM PCs and Commodores shipped with an OS in ROM

Sandman (8h & 40m) > Snit