Question for Sandman about ...

Snit
SubjectQuestion for Sandman about web design
Message-ID<C2559AD5.7E807%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowupsSandman (15m) > Snit
nospam (3h & 45m) > Snit
nospam (3h & 48m) > Snit

Really for Sandman or any other web pros or even folks with decent experience... but it is about Sandman's sites:

What value is there to using the alt-text of "alt=" or "Space" as you did until very recently on such sites as sandman.net and others.

I notice that on sandman.net you are no longer doing this, but if you look at the WayBackMachine archive of your site you can see you were doing this even as of its most recent entry: <http://web.archive.org/web/20060519191417/http://www.sandman.net/>

You use "Space" no less than 30 times, though you do not use "alt=" as you have done more recently. Looking at http://csma.sandman.net you even use such things as "left" and "right" as your alt-text. Over and over... to indicate the left and right spacing around images.

Now you are a pro web designer, or so you claim... and I am merely a semi-pro who uses (maybe even relies!) on tools such as Dreamweaver, a tool you think is only for beginners. So please, Sandman, spare me some time and help educate me on why you do as you do... and why you are busy altering your sites now that I pointed out your alt-text.

Of course, Sandman, the reason is clear: you have been caught again, by me, doing silly things with your code. To use such silly alt text is simply wrong... it does not aid search engines or those who use screen readers or those who use text based browsers or... well... anyone. It is simply piss poor coding that shows a very, very low level of understanding of what the code even means! And it is from you, Sandman... and you have once again learned something from me but are too proud to admit to it. You will likely deny you *ever* did what you did, even though the WayBackMachine proves it, just as it proves that your CSS and HTML failed to validate for *years* before I pointed out to you how to do your own validations.

That, really, is what your little trolling spree against me is all about - your weak little ego has been stomped on again. Oh well. If you would just grow a backbone and not run when your clear errors are pointed out you would be much better off. Heck, if you were an adult you would thank me for helping you get better at what you claim is your profession.

Good day... and, of course, I predict you will run from this post... you simply cannot handle the truth. :)

-- ? Nuclear arms are arms ??OS X's Command+Scroll wheel function does not exist in default XP ??Technical competence and intelligence are not the same thing

Sandman (15m) > Snit
nospam (3h & 45m) > Snit
nospam (3h & 48m) > Snit