Re: Sandman still lying abo...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Sandman still lying about his CSS
FromSteve Carroll
Date02/13/2017 18:22 (02/13/2017 09:22)
Message-ID<c2bd8c0c-ab59-40b2-82c9-7a56a3f7e2af@googlegroups.com>

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 9:57:38 AM UTC-7, Sandman wrote:

Sandman

Remember, I have no "pride" invested in my CSS.

Snit
Yet for over a decade you have been trolling me based on my noting you had errors.

Sandman
Yet, I have started exactly zero threads about your lie, as opposed to the 40+ you have created. This is one of the longest running trolls Michael Glasser has had going in csma. No one knows why, but this is a very important troll for him. In a thread where I was explaining to Michael that he is indeed the most hated person in csma, he had to desperately try to change the subject. The subject that came to him was to try to attack my homepage validation, and I assume that would also be an attempt to attack my profession. This is the tactic Michael uses. <C0A07B2C.4FF15%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID> "On a side note, I decided to look at Sandman.net: your code is pretty damned bad. Do you really call yourself a professional?" -- Snit This was pretty humorous of course, and in no way threatening to me. I had seen Michaels web pages and to say the least; they didn't impress me much. <mr-132F79.19552829052006@individual.net> "Yeah, I know. It's not bad - but it doesn't validate very good. That's because the system that does the code consists of over 1 million rows of code, so there are good and bad parts of it." -- Sandman The million rows of code was a slight exaggeration, the code clocks in at 700k rows of code today, actually. Either way, as can be noted, the remarks from Michael didn't make me angry nor upset. He noted that my code didn't validate and I agreed - having no pride invested in validating code or something foolish like that. "Indeed - actually, you just helped me. Most of the errors were entities in URL's, which frankly isn't a problem. I have a regexp to fix that, but it didn't work. Ooops. Thanks. Most of the other errors are usage of tags that don't conform to the DOCTYPE but still work, such as ABSMIDDLE, which actually makes a difference" -- Sandman I even thank Michael for pointing out the errors since most of them was due to a program error (i.e. not incompetence, which I'm sure was his angle on the validation errors - I just *can't* get my code to validate, I don't know how :)

I recall this conversation... in fact, I mentioned it just recently. To me, the real point here is something else I just brought up, you have a huge system, as such, there will undoubtedly be some loose ends. Aside from him being an idiotic troll, the problem is that Snit hasn't worked on something more than a few static pages.... and you can see what a mess he's made of that by looking at his own site ;)