Re: Sandman still lying abo...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Sandman still lying about his CSS
FromSteve Carroll
Date02/10/2017 20:27 (02/10/2017 11:27)
Message-ID<8c73d282-3935-48ea-a069-1d3fdcf63f23@googlegroups.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny
FollowupsMarek Novotny (1h & 30m)

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 11:45:43 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-02-10, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll

Marek Novotny
On 2017-02-10, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
Instead of arguing why not have your show and I will be a guest.

Marek Novotny
You'll never be a guest on my show, nor will anyone even mention you else I will edit it out. As far as I am concerned, you don't exist in the world of Linux I wish to discuss.

Steve Carroll
That's how I had read things. These 'my OS is better than your OS' discussions have long since played out, there's just no need to to cover this kind of material in what you mentioned you want to do. No question (as you can see by Snit's questions about you 'open-sourcing' the show) there will be a trolling faction that'll seek to destroy or, at least, tarnish what you're trying to do but that can be dealt with easily enough by blacklisting the idiots who try to push their BS onto your site's comment areas or forum area (a thing I think you'd probably want to have along with the blog). As you mentioned, you can post the videos to your site and leave them open for comments there, just close comments on YouTube where you probably want to host the videos files. You gain a 'face' to the public that you have complete control over where no one can successfully rape your content repeatedly with their persistent and childish BS.

Marek Novotny
It would be quite technical. None of this nonsense I see everywhere. If it were up to me we'd talk about specifics as to how a command actually works. Maybe discus a block of code and why it works and how to think about it. If I did a video on installing the nVidia driver for example, then there would be a discussion about the boot process, initramFS and dracut as well as kernel headers and dkms. Because in my opinion those are the things that are actually going on to make it all work. You'll learn about blacklisting and kernel objects. You'll learn the commands to see the PCI devices, trace by slot and get the info you need to see the driver and a list of kernel modules that are currently loaded. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the entire process. the watcher should walk away having learned something real about Linux.

This is what I envisioned based on your previous writing. I think it's a great idea... but you may have trouble finding regular contributors. I suspect you'd have to fly solo for awhile.

Marek Novotny (1h & 30m)