Re: Sandman still lying abo...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Sandman still lying about his CSS
FromSteve Carroll
Date02/10/2017 17:58 (02/10/2017 08:58)
Message-ID<b75ceea9-bef4-478d-9243-f3d6be54f8ba@googlegroups.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny
FollowupsMarek Novotny (26m) > Steve Carroll

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:33:32 AM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-02-10, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll

Marek Novotny
On 2017-02-09, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
Hey, Marek, asked me to Skype with him. It is against my better judgment but clearly you want my attention -- so lets Skype. That way it is clear if someone is not listening and giving reasoned responses (hint, you refuse to).

Marek Novotny
The offer was to get everyone on Skype, not just you...

Steve Carroll
I figured that one was BS... and it's easy to tell with Snit because he won't quote it directly (as we've all seen).

Marek Novotny
I don't know why he brings me up out of blue like that and then doesn't even accurately reflect on the offer I made. I don't wish to be pulled into a circus. He can post the message ID if he can't recall the full discussion. I'm not interested in arguing with him. I'd maybe be interested in getting everyone on skype, once and that's it. It's not a one to one conversation. But honestly, I think it would be a waste of time anyway. I don't much see the point of any of this. It's a never ending argument and I have better things to waste my time on.

Steve Carroll
Have you given any more thought to 'the show'?

Marek Novotny
Right now I am trying to remember about this Linux friendly mixer which might help me record audio from multiple sources into the mic jack. It was supposed to be very small and I heard it mentioned once on a show. Which I could remember the damn name of it. I'd like to buy that.

All you need is multichannel audio I/O, the 'mixer' can be software based. That said, personally, I prefer to have a physical mixer (you can get units that have multi channel I/O built in). My youngest son and his buddy were messing around with the podcasting idea recently (it was actually video casting against a green screen) and I let them have full reign over my studio (with a cautious eye by me). The results were pretty amazing to me. What can be done out of the house now...