Re: Sandman still lying abo...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Sandman still lying about his CSS
FromSteve Carroll
Date02/09/2017 19:05 (02/09/2017 10:05)
Message-ID<72efb944-7cf7-4579-a04a-892937958212@googlegroups.com>

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 10:54:43 AM UTC-7, Sandman wrote:

Sandman

I actually found a fix, adding line-height: 0px to a certain element, not the body element, and now it works! :)

Steve Carroll
That was one of the things I was driving at when I said you'd want to "rejiggle", it's highly doubtful you'd want to have 0px on line-height all throughout the site ;) It does look a lot better without the lines, I was sorta wondering why you had them in there.

Sandman
Yeah, I noticed them later, because in my dev environment they weren't there, that's what messing with me the most, when viewed in my dev server, using the exact same code and the same browser - no white stripes! So that's how I built it and when I pushed to the production server, stripes. Gaaah! :)

Now *that* is really weird! I'm sure you're well aware of this but I know how easy it is to forget in the heat of battle (I forget it all the time), whenever I'm trying to troubleshoot stuff like this (margin, padding, line-height) I try to remember to look at the global stuff first (i.e. body) as it's often the cause of trouble. We get so focused on the micro we overlook the macro. If I had a Snit for every time I did this I could be put into a nuthouse for life ;)