Re: Poll: Snit Leaves or Sn...

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: Poll: Snit Leaves or Snit Stays
FromSteve Carroll
Date02/06/2017 23:32 (02/06/2017 14:32)
Message-ID<d2389690-9689-4306-88d4-da562a7b3ae0@googlegroups.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny
FollowupsMarek Novotny (24m) > Steve Carroll

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 12:53:38 PM UTC-7, Marek Novotny wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-02-06, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
Strangely, I haven't run across any general consensus on a flavor for web development on the 'net. I only chose Ubuntu because it came up often, yet, I see a lot of people vote against it.

Marek Novotny
I thought I did see a blub about that at one point. Canonical was the overwhelming winner.

Definitely mentioned often.

On a side note, earlier today I ran across this article which had this...

<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT49XN8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wiknix-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01DT49XN8&linkId=ae297ff924472ce09fd8d092c4d2772a>

... at the top of the list.

SPECS Screen Size 15.6 inches Max Screen Resolution 1920*1080 pixels Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 RAM 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM Hard Drive 512 GB flash_memory_solid_state Graphics Coprocessor geforce gtx 960m Chipset Brand nvidia Card Description Integrated Wireless Type 802.11 A/C Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2 Brand Name Asus Series K501UW Item model number K501UW-AB78 Operating System Windows 10 (64bit) Item Weight 4.4 pounds Product Dimensions 15.6 x 10 x 0.8 inches Item Dimensions L x W x H 15.6 x 10 x 0.8 inches Processor Brand Intel Processor Count 2 Computer Memory Type DDR SDRAM Flash Memory Size 512.0 Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)

I can get it with an additional 8GB of RAM and a 3 year service plan for $1039.00. It looks to be similar to my son's laptop (ASUS K501UX-AH71).

Admittedly, as I mentioned earlier, I don't like his trackpad (I prefer my 2006 MBPro's) all that much (I'm wondering if there is a driver lacking there) and the battery life isn't the greatest but it's a decent, lightweight rig for low cost.