SubjectRe: Snit digest 129 / 2015-12-13
Message-ID<D292EEB3.66E8B%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowupsSandman (22m) > Snit

On 12/13/15, 9:27 AM, in article sandman-48e45752d1ff672d2b95d5beeaf0ff8f@individual.net, "Sandman" <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <D2924513.66E0A%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>, Snit wrote:

Snit
[912] Sandman is told a fact and he just insists it is a lie (40)

Sandman
Whether or not something is a "fact" is determined by substantiation.

Snit
Claims of yours from the last 24 hours about Steve Carroll's fretwizzen@gmail.com address, of which you had noted

Sandman
It's the other way around. I noted the TOR proxies and other IP's used by posters that have used a specific name to refer to Steve Carroll.

You then said that one of those people where Steve Carroll himself, while also ignoring the discrepancy with regards to the email address.

The claim is yours, that this is Steve Carroll, and as such, the burden of proof lies heavily on your shoulders.

Snit
Sandman claim 1: As you know, that is not Steve Carrolls' email address.

Sandman claim 2: Since it is the wrong email address, it is not Steve Carroll, as you well know.

I would love to see you substantiate these claims.

Sandman
Of course, like I always do. Here is my support:

<http://usenet.sandman.net/misc/steve>

There you can see the two email addresses, how they have been used. As can clearly be seen, Steve Carroll only ever posts from a comcast IP, and the forgeries using the incorrect email address only ever posts from known TOR proxies.

When you make a claim you have two choices; prove it or take it back.

Snit
Which will you do with your above two claim... prove them or take them back?

Sandman
Prove them, of course. You know, like I always do.

Even if you think it's correct, but can't prove it, then you should retract it, because if you can't substantiate your claim, the claim is not strong enough and should be worded as an opinion, thought or suspicion.

Snit
You WILL fail to live up to this standard you set for yourself.

Sandman
Of course not - when one speaks the truth, living up to this standard is super easy.

Now it's your turn - to counter this proof and show that your claim is correct, by using substantiation - not interpretation of quotes from posts, by using solid evidence.

Either that, or retract it. Those are your choices. I am waiting.

Just some of your unsupported claims:

----- As you know, that is not Steve Carrolls' email address. ------ You show NO support that Carroll is not using the two email addresses, nor that even if he was not I would have any reason or way to "know" this (and you ignore how Carroll has been shown to repeatedly lie about being hacked and forged).

------ Since it is the wrong email address, it is not Steve Carroll, as you well know. ------ You show NO evidence it is not Steve Carroll, nor any sign I would know this even if it was the case (and you ignore the proof it is Carroll).

----- Steve Carroll only ever posts from a comcast IP ----- You offer NO support that Carroll only posts from that IP.

----- the forgeries using the incorrect email address only ever posts from known TOR proxies. ----- You offer NO support that the posts through TOR proxies are "forgeries".

You also broke your word and went against a rule we agreed to the other day, but I have no interest in focusing on that. Let us just focus on your trolling for Carroll - making claim after claim after claim to back his nonsense without ever substantiating your claims nor taking them back. You NEVER will. This is a given.

-- * OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI> * Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE> * Mint KDE working with folders: <http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0> * Mint KDE creating files: <http://youtu.be/N7-fZJaJUv8> * Mint KDE help: <http://youtu.be/3ikizUd3sa8> * Mint KDE general navigation: <http://youtu.be/t9y14yZtQuI> * Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA> * Easy on OS X / Hard on Linux: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk> * OS / Word Processor Comparison: <http://youtu.be/w6Qcl-w7s5c>

Sandman (22m) > Snit