Re: Snit post-editing

owl
SubjectRe: Snit post-editing
Fromowl
Date12/11/2015 06:48 (12/11/2015 05:48)
Message-ID<ghnvjdue803.a3@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSteve Carroll
FollowupsSteve Carroll (1h & 14m)

Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 7:53:04 PM UTC-7, owl wrote:

(snip)

owl
OK.

Steve Carroll
Did you grasp how javascript handles closures here?

( I know, you like it about as much as you like Beck ;)

I don't write code for a living, and I guess I just don't see the benefit of closures. I've never encountered a need for them so far (but then the languages I code in don't offer them anyway, so...).

Out of curiosity, is there a benefit in calling this way:

var slamSnit = greeting('Snit'); var greetOther = greeting('other');

slamSnit('Snit', 'crackhead'); greetOther('owl', 'crackhead');

versus this way:

greeting('Snit')('Snit','crackhead'); greeting('other')('owl','crackhead');

As for Beck, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'll never be a convert.

Steve Carroll (1h & 14m)